On 19 July 2021, GLOBSEC organised an online event under the umbrella of the CEE Her Initiative in cooperating with the Blue Door Consulting and ENGAGE – ‘Envisioning a New Governance Architecture for a Global Europe’.
At the time when the EU has set ambitious goals for its external action, including the gender equality component within the Gender Action Plan III for 2021-2025, the foreign policy positions are still male-dominated. Research shows that greater representation of women in high politics leads to a substantial focus on issues concerning civil society, electoral reform, development, and gender-responsive politics. Similarly, greater involvement of women in foreign policy and conflict settlement may contribute to more sustainable peace.
- Dr. Kinga Brudzińska, Head of Centre for Global Europe, GLOBSEC Policy Institute
- Ms. Stella Ronner-Grubačić, Adviser to the Secretary-General for Gender and Diversity, European External Action Service
- Dr. Monika Sus, Associate Professor, Institute of Political Studies of the Polish Academy of Sciences
- Dr. Federica Bicchi, Associate Professor in International Relations of Europe, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Danielle Piatkiewicz, Research Fellow, EUROPEUM
- Balazs Kos, Founder & CEO, Blue Door Consulting