Are you an “under 35” professional with expertise in European and global politics and economy, defense and security, strategic communication, digital policies, or energy and sustainability? This is your chance to be part of the GYLF cohort of 2022.
You can register here.
WHAT IS GLOBSEC YOUNG LEADERS FORUM (GYLF)?
A key part of the GLOBSEC success story is the fact that it grew out of a student project to become a major international forum. Youth engagement has always been an integral part of our work and we continuously look for ways to strengthen that element. In 2013, the first GLOBSEC Young Leaders Forum took place on the sidelines of the annual GLOBSEC Bratislava Forum. The only well-established forum of its kind in Central Europe, GYLF has since grown to become one of the most prestigious meetings of young professionals and decision-makers in the world. In 2018, GLOBSEC Tatra Summit welcomed its first cohort of the Tatra Summit Young Professionals programme. With the exception of 2020, the three successful editions of this programme allowed for deeper cooperation between GLOBSEC and its growing community of distinguished young experts and policymakers.
Recent policy developments in the United States, Europe and other parts of the world only underline the demand for a strong policy-making platform where solutions to the most urgent issues can be discussed and enacted, and we believe it is of crucial importance to engage young leaders in this process. GLOBSEC Young Leaders Forum enables 25 young professionals to participate in formal and informal, off-the-record discussions with high-profile politicians, decision-makers, thought leaders and think-thankers. GYLF 2022 will largely take place at the same venue as the GLOBSEC Bratislava Forum, giving our young professionals the chance to actively participate in several main sessions of the GLOBSEC Forum and engage in the Q&A parts of debates. Finally, participants may also take part in the process of formulating strategic policy proposals and suggest plans for action on the most pressing issues.
- Between 25 and 35 years of age
- Experience in the field of European and global politics and economy, defence and security, strategic communication, digital policies, or energy and sustainability or any other field relevant to current international relations
- Working knowledge of English
- Willingness to engage in regular online activity over an extended period
* Please note that recruitment will be conducted on a competitive basis.
There is no participation fee for the programme. GLOBSEC will provide accommodation and board subsidies for all GYLF participants to help offset the participation cost. GLOBSEC will not cover transportation costs. However, travel grants may be distributed to selected participants on an individual basis and only up to the price decided by the organisers.
* By filling in the application form, applicants give the organisers their personal data for processing in the SC Activities Filing System (FS). The purpose of this FS is defined by the data controller GLOBSEC as an organiser of expert events and other activities. GLOBSEC processes the personal data of applicants according to Art. 10 Par. 3 letter a) of Act no. 122/2013 Col. on Personal Data Protection as amended only in limited scope (see application form) that is necessary for the provision of services connected with the organisation of expert events and other activities. The personal data of applicants is processed according to these Terms and Conditions and without the consent of applicants.
During the processing of personal data only designated organisations shall have access to personal data as data processors (GLOBSEC, GLOBSEC Policy Institute and GLOBSEC Academy Centre) and a limited amount of personal data may be available to partner organizations. All personal data provided to the organisers is confidential and will be used for their purposes only. Applicants as data subjects have their rights guaranteed according to Art. 28, 29 and 30 of Act no. 122/2013 Col. on Personal Data Protection as amended.